足球全方位
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lovenkrands Looked A Class Act On Saturday

向下

Lovenkrands Looked A Class Act On Saturday Empty Lovenkrands Looked A Class Act On Saturday

發表  Admin 周二 2月 10, 2009 7:30 pm

Peter Lovenkrands had more than a good game for Newcastle on Saturday, and looked a class player up front all afternoon.
Lovenkrands Looked A Class Act On Saturday Peter-lovenkrands-woid
And the crowd was right behind the Danish International, and the Newcastle faithful at the game gave him a standing ovation, when he was replaced near the end by Xisco.
Lovenkrands responded to the crowd’s support by scoring his first goal for Newcastle, and a very good opportunist goal it was too, after just 9 minutes. It was a clinical finish, that would have been so easy to have missed.
The former Rangers striker was delighted with the result and his goal on Saturday, and Peter told the Evening Chronicle today:

“The fans were great all game.” “I could hear them chanting my name, and it gave me a big lift.”
“I was absolutely buzzing the whole day when I found out I was starting, but I was very nervous as well.”
“Starting in the Premier League and scoring is incredible, but the most important thing was that we got the three points.”
“My last goal was maybe a year ago.” “I had a couple of reserve team goals, but it’s been a long time on the big scene.”
“It was just great to help the team.”
“Especially in the first half, I thought we looked really good. Shola and I held the ball up well, and we did a good job first half.”

The fans have already taken to the Dane, and if he can keep up this form, and especially bang in a few goals for us, he’ll be very popular indeed, and likely to get a contract extension in the summer.
But we hear from the Glasgow Rangers fans that he can be a bit inconsistent, so we’ll be looking for some good consistent performances at Newcastle, when he gets his chance.
With any luck he could have had more goals on Saturday, and he showed he has an eye for goal, and looked a very very good buy - for nothing.
Peter has to be happy with his contribution on Saturday - certainly the Toon Army were, and Peter seems to be really buzzing at his new club.
That’s great to see.
And one last thing we shouldn’t forget - the Newcastle fans at the game on Saturday were just fabulous - once again - and certainly they are our 12th man this season.

Admin
Admin

文章數 : 3
注冊日期 : 2009-02-07

https://footballnet.666forum.com

回頂端 向下

回頂端

這個論壇的權限:
無法 在這個版面回復文章